Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Post - GB Demo Reel

Hey everyone and welcome to Blog Unlocked! My name is David and I'm a 2d/3d artist from Toronto and I started this blog because I'm beginning work on my all new 2d/3d demo reel based on the franchise of Ghostbusters.

The purpose of this was because my last demo reel was severely outdated and I figured doing both 2d and 3d assets using a franchise I love would keep me encouraged enough to work harder. ( Also because I was unable to capture video of my modifcation work like my penny arcade project because of a reformat issue I have having. -_- )



Anywho, The 2d part of the demo reel will mainly be consisting of animation and loops and the 3d part will be focusing on modelling, texturing and rigging of a low poly real time Ghostbusters character. They will be seperately uploaded to my youtube account as time goes on and each clip will be uploaded as well for critique.


One part of my demo reel will consist of a Ray Stantz speech and will then show a 2d side running cycled animation of a ghostbuster and some additional concept art. I'm hoping for 1 minute of 2d and 1 minute of 3d.

That's not to say I won't be drawing other things at the same time however. I always love doodling and modelling various things in the meanwhile so be sure to keep updated with some of my more random work !


I hope to keep this blog updated at least 2-3 times a week so stay tuned true believers!
-DU

1 comment:

  1. Gir looks like you when you dance! Ray's eye looks funky (too big) compared to the other one, but I have no idea if this is because its mid movement annimation or not :(

    Good start best of luck :3 sucks about the penny arcade stuff they were modeled really well too :3 I think i still have all the files somewhere lol.

    ReplyDelete