Friday, August 20, 2010

Demo Reel Update

Hey True Believers!

I was sorting through the material I've been doing for the Ghostbusters demo reeland came to a few conclusions about what exactly it is I want to do and how to spend my time in creating something more visually pleasing.

So instead of trying to overwhelm myself with doing so much 2d and 3d animation and actually taking HALF the advise that some of my colleagues have provided me I decided that I will do a 3d animated demo reel but create and model the Three Ghostbusters ( Sorry Winston, I love you but your not in this scene in the movie ) , scene and concept art. This all came to me as something I should focus on since I want to get into more of a 3d animation job.

The animatic for the upcoming demo reel. Don't cross the streams!
That should make enough work for me to last a few months and will definitely provide some solid demo reel that will last about 30 seconds of animation and 30 seconds of showing off the models and construct and for my 2d stuff I'll show off the charts and conceptuals.


I will still be keeping these examples just for fun and for forum use ( I troll gbfans.com too much for my own good ) but for now they'll merely be test examples of work I've done in Flash. Later on after I update my 3d demo reel I will then focus more on a 2d animation demoreel but I feel my skills are well enough that I can show a company I know how to use graphic symbols and Frame by Frame animation.

Here's the now finished Test Syncing I was doing for Ray, but then decided I need a line a little more complex to show better animation and more emotion. Exported in low quality just for a quick show.

At any rate now that I have a more driven path I will be updating with conceptuals of the ghostbusters and my Orthographs of Egon, Ray and Peter along with my take on the Proton Packs and Equipment ( Which won't change that much to be honest ) 

From now on Updates will be Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays so please stay tuned as this project comes together .

Later Days,
-David

P.S :
No...I NEED TO WORK...maybe one instance...


No comments:

Post a Comment